You can’t stop war with a song but it makes a great platform for complaining which, let’s face it, is all that most of us can do anyhow. Still, I’d rather sing than shoot a gun…and that’s saying something because I am a terrible singer.
Granted, there are a lot of songs about war because…well… there have been a lot of wars. Narrowing it down to a Top Ten is no easy feat. I’m sure we missed a few. Feel free to point out our oversights but, in the spirit of today’s post, do so in peace.
That said, here are our Top Ten Songs About How War is Bullshit.
10. Phil Ochs – I Ain’t Marching Anymore
9. The Kinks – Some Mother’s Son
8. The Doors – Peace Frog
7. Metallica – One
6. Dead Kennedys – Holiday in Cambodia
5. Neil Young – Keep On Rockin’ In the Free World
4. Black Sabbath – War Pigs
3. Edwin Starr – War
2. Bob Dylan – Masters of War
1. Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On